Thanks to all who came to Sarah Jane's bridal shower!
It was such a lovely time and so many people helped out.
For the far-off sisters who have been asking for the full details, this is what we ate:
- Mom brought a delicious fruit tray with strawberries, pineapple, oranges, grapes, and bananas with her trademark pineapple top in the middle for decoration.
- Then we warmed up some pita bread and served them in triangles with hummus
- We also had a veggie tray with celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and green peppers
- Then the lovely Melissa Parkinson brought a divine spinach salad with raspberries, blackberries, and candied nuts
- SJ's roommates also brought a pasta salad with a pesto dressing (probably my fav food of the night!- must get that recipe)
- Another one of Sarah Jane's friends brought some guacamole and pico de gallo. They were a bit spicy for me, but I am a baby. Everyone else loved them though
- I made yellow and chocolate cake cupcakes and frosted them with that crazy rosette tip
- Lastly, mom brought the ingredients for the lemon citric acid drink and the soft pebbled ice
Here are a few photos. I thought I would take more, but alas I got pretty into the partying. The lighting in my apartment is not so bueno, so most of the human shots are black and white.
|Danielle, Natalie, SJ, Becca: these are her roomies|
|oh looky there, my roommates too!|
|my old next door neighbor AND Jerusalem friend, the |
newly married, Mrs. Allen (hers was the last shower I through)
|the darling Melissa|
|we realized while taking this that we don't have any normal pictures together. |
Oops, the pretzel hug will have to do for now.
|Two thumbs up from Sarah on the paper garlands.|
|Best picture of the night. I wanted a picture of Lindy |
with her cute big belly, but I wanted Sarah in
it too, so I asked them do the same pose- shockingly,
they actually did.
|the whole group|